By using climate-friendly low-GWP refrigerants such as fluorinated unsaturated hydrocarbons (HFOs) and natural refrigerants such as propane, water or methanol, the current regulatory framework is taken into account.
In addition to the energetic optimization of compression circuits, the development of safety concepts and the reduction of the required quantity of refrigerant are the central challenges so that climate-friendly and combustible refrigerants can be used more widely.
As an alternative to compression cycles, we investigate adsorption processes for heat pumps and refrigeration plants using water as refrigerant.
Our R&D services include:
- Methods for leakage detection and prevention, risk analysis
- Concepts for reduction of filling quantity
- Thermodynamic evaluation of components (heat exchangers, compressors) with climate-friendly refrigerants
- Acoustic and structural dynamic evaluation of components (compressors) and devices
- Fatigue analyses of connections and cold circuits