Precise Benchmarking for Innovative PV Modules
The Solar TestField will be available for innovative technologies, including bifacial modules, heterojunction technology (HJT), perovskite PV, organic PV (OPV) and tandem PV. Comparative measurements with reference modules from Fraunhofer ISE and with competitor products will be carried out under practical outdoor conditions. Depending on the technology and application, different questions arise. We arrange customized test programs and accompanying analyses with our clients on demand.
Comprehensive Performance Analysis
Monitoring in the Solar TestField can be combined with precision measurements in the accredited CalLab PV Modules, with accelerated aging tests in the accredited TestLab PV Modules and with the highly sensitive degradation analysis methods we have developed. Fraunhofer ISE thus offers a unique platform for comprehensive performance analysis.
Detailed meteorological data acquisition is available in real time via network interfaces in the newly constructed Solar TestField and at Fraunhofer ISE.
Our Services for Manufacturers, Operators, Investors, Banks and Insurance Companies
- module installation fixed, single-axis or dual-axis tracking
- precise, high-frequency recording of IV characteristics, meteorological data, other operating parameters and degradation indicators
- data evaluation and informative, independent test reports
- benchmarking of different module types
- combination with laboratory measurements, accelerated aging, degradation analysis
- analyses of power and agricultural yield of
- agrivoltaic systems
- testing of Concentrating PV systems (CPV)
- testing of inverters and PV battery systems
- testing of solar thermal systems and their components