International Energy Workshop 2020: Call for Papers
The 39th edition of the International Energy Workshop (IEW) will take place from June 29 to July 1, 2020 in Freiburg, Germany and will be hosted by the Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy ISE. The IEW is a leading conference for the international energy modeling community. In a world of environmental and economic constraints, energy modeling is an increasingly important tool for addressing the complexity of energy planning and policy making. The IEW provides a venue for scholars and researchers to compare modeling tools, to discuss modeling advances for emerging energy sector issues, and to observe new trends in the global energy sector.
Researchers and practitioners from countries around the world are invited to submit original papers with new and innovative results on scientific, technical and practical experience on the economics of energy and climate systems. As is customary for the IEW, papers should be quantitative and rigorous.
The deadline for paper submission is February 1, 2020.
A (non-exclusive) list of potential conference topics is:
- Reaching net-zero emissions: modeling the transition; sectoral modeling enhancements and linking Nationally Determined Contributions and Sustainable Development Goals with long-term decarbonization strategies
- Emerging markets and decarbonization: modeling future energy services, synthetic fuels and resources analysis for the energy sector in transition
- Managing power system transitions: addressing flexibility and system aspects for the integration of variable renewables, market design, integrated modeling looking at future energy systems and dealing with short-term issues
- Technology insights: role of technologies in the energy transition (e.g. renewable energies, energy efficiency in demand and supply, hydrogen, power-to-fuel technology, CCUS and negative emission technologies)
- Cities and digitalization: analyzing the transition in cities and the impact of smart and digital technologies on the future energy system
- Socioeconomic analysis of the energy transition: employment, skills, health, investments, consumer bills, integrating behavior in energy models
Selected papers will be presented and discussed in thematic sessions, circulated during the meeting and also posted on the meeting website.
“We are happy to host the 2020 edition of the International Energy Workshop in Freiburg. For the transformation of our energy systems worldwide it is essential to develop powerful modelling tools which help us in analyzing and understanding the increasing complexity of future energy systems and the transition pathways ahead of us. The International Energy Workshop provides a perfect platform for scientists and researchers to exchange and discuss their experiences” says Prof Dr. Hans-Martin Henning, Director of Fraunhofer ISE.
Submission of papers
Full papers or long abstracts (minimum 1000 words) in pdf format should be submitted online at IEW 2020 no later than February 1, 2020. For further information please see: http://www.internationalenergyworkshop.org or contact: email@example.com
To contact the local organizers: firstname.lastname@example.org