We design both sensible and latent storage systems for diverse applications in industry and thermal power plants. For this purpose, we use, among others, our simulation tools »Comsol Multiphysics©«, »Modelica« and the internal software »ColSim«. Depending on the requirements, we combine the different storage technologies to hybrid systems and thus design storage systems specifically for a given load profile.
Our R&D services include:
- Answering design and dimensioning questions with respect to specific conditions such as load and heat supply requirements.
- Storage optimization by simulating its thermal, energetic and hydraulic characteristics
- Design of single-tank stratified storage systems with and without fillers
- Design of two-tank systems
- Design of latent heat and cold storage systems
- Characterization of charging and discharging performance and heat losses
- Development of hybrid storage systems