A skilled team of scientists, engineers and technicians supports and advises clients when evaluating the durability of new components and innovative materials for use in PV systems and other applications with similar requirements. If required, we can also design and carry out customized test sequences, to identify potential for optimization. The following measurement and test equipment is available for this purpose:
- EC-standard testing facilities
- Outdoor exposure sites
- Innovative accelerated aging test equipment
- Developing IEC standards: This work is performed at national level on DKE (German Commission for Electrical, Electronic and Information Technologies of DIN and VDE) Committee 373, at international level in IEC TC 82 WG2 and in the International PV Module Quality Assurance Forum for example as the coordinator of Task Group 5: UV, temperature and humidity.
- Failure analysis and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- PV reliability and Service Life Prediction
- Participation in a range of national and international bodies and working groups, such as the International Energy Agency (IEA) and its various task groups. This includes work on Task 13 of the IEA’s Photovoltaic Power Systems Program (PVPS).