ENTIGRIS – Unit: Market Integration & Trading
Topics of our customers
- Economic analysis of energy supply concepts
- Optimization of energy supply concepts
- Operation and interaction of technologies in industry and businesses
- Structural and operational optimization as well as consultancy to regulatory topics
Background of model application
ENTIGRIS - Unit analyzes energy systems from an economic perspective taking ownership and net present value into account. The model can be used to find operator models and business models for energy supply technologies (PV, CHP and others) as well as for storage technologies (e. g. batteries) at different scales and to analyze the optimal technology mix. The model can be applied to home storage systems, to hybrid energy systems for industrial companies but also to the analysis of demand-side management in households. Optionally, earnings from electricity sales at the electricity spot market or reserve market can be regarded. The model is able to find answers to questions such as:
- Which energy generation and storage technologies should be installed at given demand and at what size?
- How do generation technologies and storage technologies interact and do they complement each other?
- Which energy supply concept is economically feasible?
The model ENTIGRIS – Unit therefore offers tailor-made solutions for various energy system constellations.
Characteristics of the model
ENTIGRIS – Unit is characterized by the following features:
- Goal: Development of optimal energy supply concepts as well as business models for industrial companies, groups of buildings or single households
- Timely resolution: economic calculations yearly, operation 15 minute resolution
- Type of model: optimization model for design and operation of energy technologies
- Sectors: electricity
- Programming language: General Algebraic Modeling Systems (GAMS), Solver: IBM ILOG CPLEX optimizer